TO THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OFFICER’S VISIT, MEMBERSHIP MEETING & CE EVENT
Join your fellow Northern District members for dinner, CE and a chance to hear from your GDA officers and Executive Director. This is the perfect opportunity to earn CE credit before the end of the year and to get up to date on the year ahead.
October 10, 2019
The Hotel at Avalon
9000 Avalon Blvd
Alpharetta, GA 30009
Cocktails: 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Dinner: 6:30 p.m.
Officer's/Executive Director's Presentations: 7:00 p.m.
CE 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
CE: Employment Compliance for Dentists
Presented by: Bent Ericksen & Associates
Since human resource management and compliance with the variety of state and federal labor regulations are not taught in the typical dental school curriculum, doctors often find themselves in court regarding employment issues. Such lawsuits can be emotionally draining and financially devastating. Dealing wisely and effectively with complex employment issues can be particularly challenging and personnel issues are a major source of stress for most practitioners. This can come in various forms such as: employee pay, benefits (vacation, sick, medical, retirement, etc.), leave of absence, pregnancy, hiring, and termination, just to name a few.
During this presentation participants will learn how to:
• Determine their degree of potential exposure and liability.
• Minimize exposure to potentially costly lawsuits and complaints.
• Insure compliance with State and Federal employment regulations.
• Prevent misunderstandings--create a positive and productive work environment.
• Define rights and responsibilities of employer and employees.
• Improve morale and job performance.
• Hire the right people.
• Reduce costly staff turnover.